“Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light” – Vera Nazarian.
I like reading books. We need leaders who read books, so make time to read books. I made it my habit to buy at least one book a month. It helps to stimulate my mind and to be well informed about what is happening in the world. On this link, I am going to share and review books on my shelf, audios and DVD’s. I hope this will inspire you to develop an interest to read and collect good books, not only for your shelf but for self-development as well.
Five books that changed and shaped my perspective are:
1. The Bible – I enjoy reading Woman Though Art Loosed! – TD Jakes. (Reading still in progress).
2. The power of positive thinking – Norman Vincent Peale. (I read it during my teen years and it was my first inspirational book).
3. Self esteem for women – Lynda Fields. (I read it in my early 20’s).
4. The eagle – Dr David Molapo (I read it when I was a teenager).
5. The power of being a woman – Mastering the art of femininity – Michelle McKinney Hammond. (I first read it in my 20’s but I still read it now and again.
If there’s a book you want to read, but it has not been written yet, you must be the one to write it.